Each verse in this passage is a promise to the 'sheep'. (Sheep aren't the brightest animals, so they need a leader, or shepherd.) First is the passage itself in bold (the promises that God's made to us, His sheep--KJV style), and in italics are all the sheep's needs that God is fulfilling.
--------------------------
1-The LORD is my shepherd, Significance, certainty, contentment, “I AM somebody! I belong to the Ultimate Somebody!” I shall not want. “I got all I want!” Loving care, free from a sense of fear, free from parasites and other sheep. 2-He maketh me to lie down in green pastures. Peace; “Be still and know that I am God.” He leadeth me beside the still waters. 3-He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Forgiveness, encouragement and guidance. 4-Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Deliverance from fear though companionship. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Security. 5-Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Provision. 6-Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: Assurance, “We live by Faith, not by sight.” and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Confidence.
-----------------------------
This passage gives everyone comfort and hope.
It's the universal desire for comfort and hope.
The LORD is my Shepherd = The Shepherd is my LORD.
He speaks to out fear and the need for restoration.
It's the universal desire for comfort and hope.
The LORD is my Shepherd = The Shepherd is my LORD.
He speaks to out fear and the need for restoration.
~Blackbird
No comments:
Post a Comment